Reikii Skin Brush
Our skin is the largest organ of absorption and elimination. Many people exfoliate the skin on their faces regularly, but the truth is that your whole body could do with thorough and regular exfoliation. Skin that is clogged with toxins and dead cells cannot function properly because the toxins are not being eliminated. Since it is estimated that the skin eliminates over one pound of waste per day, skin brushing would be an excellent routine to add to your day. Dry skin brushing on a daily basis can provide numerous benefits, such as improved circulation, stimulating lymph drainage, stimulating hormones, and firming the skin.
One of the main benefits of skin brushing is that it stimulates the lymphatic system which is a network of lymph fluid within the body. The lymph system has a few functions, and its correct working is very important to the health of the body. One of its functions is the protection against invading disease and micro-organisms. Another important function is absorbing fat and fat soluble vitamins from the digestive system and the transport of those nutrients to where they need to go in the body. It's a great system, with one slight draw back; it doesn't have its own pump, and so, the movement of the lymph through the lymph system is dependent on good breathing and circulation. This is where skin brushing comes in. Brushing the body with a brush of natural fibers, from the legs and arms towards the heart, boosts what may be an otherwise sluggish flow of lymph. This makes the entire system function so much better.
- By increasing the circulation to the skin, you are encouraging your body to discharge metabolic waste.
- Dry skin brushing stimulates the lymphatic system, which also helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Dry skin brushing helps your skin to breathe by removing dead skin cells, and opening clogged pores.
Dry skin brushing tips:-
- Do not use synthetic bristles.
- Make sure that the dry brushing is done softly in the initial stages so that soreness is avoided. Application of a little more pressure can be done as your skin gets used to dry brushing.
- Your skin and brush should be dry. Shower after skin brushing to remove exfoliated skin.
- Do not do any dry brushing over cuts, wounds or rashes.
- Begin by brushing the outermost parts of your body (hands and feet) towards the center of your body.
- Pass the brush once over your body, except the face.
- The brush strokes should move towards your belly button.
- You should not use a scrubbing, circular or back and forth motion.
- Slight flushing of the skin is normal, due to increased circulation. The skin should not be red or irritated, if it is you're using too much pressure.
- The entire process should only take only at most 5-10 minutes.
Reikii Skin Brush is made from vegetable fibre.
Length of brush head: 14cm
Length of brush handle: 44cm
Product of Germany
Fixed Price Item