Out of Africa Raw Wild Crafted Shea Butter (227g)
- 100% Pure Shea Butter
- Natural & Unrefined
- Fresh & Authentic - Grade AAA
- Hand Harvested Shea Butter
- Ultra Moisturizer
- Paraben and Gluten Free
Helps nourish dry, sensitive skin and hair. It helps to relieve dry lips, elbows, feet, fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, psoriasis and eczema. Loaded with antioxidants and vitamins A, E & F to help with premature aging.
To Use: Massage into skin wherever your body needs hydration.
Ingredients: unrefined shea butter
Product of USA
Why Shea Butter? (source: www.outofafricashea.com)
What sets shea butter apart from other seed oils is its exceptionally large healing fraction. This refers to the percentage of the important nutrients, vitamins, and other valuable phytonutrients that foster healing. Depending on the source, the healing fraction of shea butter ranges from 5% to 17%. (The larger the healing fraction, the better). By comparison, the healing fraction of other seeds oils is very small, in the range of 1%.
Shea butter nourishes the skin with Vitamins A, E and F. Vitamins A and E maintain the skin and keep it clear and healthy. They are particularly helpful for sun damaged skin and to help prevent premature wrinkles and facial lines. The Vitamin A in shea butter is important for improving skin conditions, including blemishes, wrinkles, eczema, and dermatitis. Vitamin F acts as a protector and rejuvenator soothing rough dry or chapped skin and helps soften dry or damaged hair. Additionally, premium shea butter has properties that treat skin allergies, insect bites, sunburn and frostbite.
How does Shea Butter work?
Shea butter’s unparalleled hydrating property is due to natural moisturizers that are chemically similar to those produced by the body’s own sebaceous glands. Shea butter also contains healthy fatty acids. It is high in unsaponifiables (a type of fat) containing between 7-12%. This is one of the properties that make shea butter so valuable in treating the conditions above. Shea butter easily penetrates the skin and will not clog pores. There is a high level of cinnamic acid which makes shea butter a natural sunscreen. Shea butter has anti-inflammatory properties that make it useful in treating arthritis. Shea butter has powerful moisturizing, anti-aging, protecting and healing benefits to the skin. There are many uses of shea butter and it has been clinically shown to provide relief for various skin conditions.
Shea butter applications and benefits include the following:
- Excellent daily skin moisturizer for face and body
- Dramatically helps prevent and reduce stretch marks during pregnancy and weight gain and loss
- Restores elasticity to skin and reduces blemishes and wrinkles
- Anti-aging and anti-free radical agent known to increase circulation to the skin
- Helps reduces acne and scarring
- Excellent moisturizer for both eczema and psoriasis
- Helps soothe skin and diaper rash
- After sun conditioning
- Helps softens tough skin on hands and feet
- Dry, itchy skin and scalp relief
- Use after shaving to reduce razor irritation and bumps
- Provides healing benefits to skin wounds and cracks
- Restores luster to hair